Hawan Fire Puja on the occasion of First Anniversary of Yoganandham( A School of Yoga Learning) and Starting of the new batch of Yoga Teacher Training Course. We want to thank all our guests who helped us to successfully complete 1 year.
Origin of Hawan:
Homa or Hawan or Yagya, as people call it in India is a vedic tradition which is coming down or the last billions and trillions of yugas. The famous yugas which are mentioned in the Vedic literature are Ashwamedha Yagya of Maharaj Dashratha, Rajsuya Yagya of Maharaj Yudhishthir etc.
Doing Yagya was yuga-dharma (Supreme prerogative and duty) of Treta Yuga and people used to see the lord being satisfied by that when he used to appear in the yuga kund.
What is hawan or home?
Yagya comprises of igniting a holy fire using pure wood and pure cow ghee and cow dung cakes and with the chanting of mantras, the hawish is poured into the fire with the word “Swaha!”. The hawish comprises of Indian Cow Ghee and mixture of Herbs called Hawan Samagri along with some other pure materials.
- Seeing the Hawan with the scientific paradigm, the ancient sages used to say that by doing yagya, Sattva gun increases which are symbolized by cleanliness, peace, and purity.
- The cow ghee and cow dung cake react to release tonnes of oxygen and other gases which make the atmosphere pure.
- The small quantities of sulfur and nitrogen oxides get rid of harmful bacteria and their inhalation causes lacrimation, which relieves the eyes of all impurities and cough which arises clears the nasal and respiratory passage.
- All the harmful microbes and pathogens are cleared due to the smoke emitted by the burning of herbs which acts as a natural detoxifier.
- The natural herbal smoke purifies the mind as well as the body.
- The ash which is remaining from the Hawan kund is asked to put into plants which act as a very good fertilizer.
For more information about Yoga Teacher Training, School click here